Monday, March 28, 2011

My Dark Moon Journey: Chapter I Question 3

3. How do I feel about growing old? Am I afraid of age, or of telling other how old I am? How do I respond when I see old people? Does it make me uncomfortable or panicky? Have I ever been to a nursing home or old age home? Was I anxious to leave?

I feel fine about growing older.  Not like we can stop it so why not embrace it.. LOL  Nope I am not afraid of aging or telling people how old I am.  I am wondering if it would different if I looked my age. I know it used to bother me that people would think I am at least 10 years younger than I am.  Now I feel your only as old as you feel. It is all in your mind!!  Depends on how they act toward me. Some older people now a days think you owe them everything and that you have to go out of your way to please them.  I learned that lesson when I worked in retail and on Senior Citizen day!!  Other than that I do try to help them when they look like they need help and have a chat when they want to talk.  Yes I have been to a nursing home many times.  No I was not anxious to leave.  The only thing that made me sad was that so many of our elders are put into these home's and then forgotten about.  Kinda like out of sight out of mind. Some have great stories to pass down and no body to listen to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment